March 8, 2022
A barcode machine is a dedicated printer. The biggest difference between barcode printers and ordinary printers is that the printing of barcode printers is based on heat, and the printing is completed with barcode carbon ribbon as the printing medium (or directly using thermal paper). Compared with ordinary printing methods, this printing method has the largest The advantage is that it enables continuous high-speed printing without supervision
Whether the printer can print high-quality data depends on the barcode ribbon. The ribbon of the printer is not easy to install. Let's learn how to install the ribbon of the barcode printer.
1. Take out the ribbon mandrel and the ribbon, and insert the ribbon mandrel into the center of the ribbon shaft.
2. Push the upper cover of the printer with both hands and turn it upwards to open the top cover of the printer.
3. Press down the print head lift button to lift the ribbon support frame (at an angle of about 30°, if you hear a slight "pop" sound, the ribbon support frame will remain in this position).
4. Gently pull the manual pull sleeve at the ribbon release shaft outward, and insert the left side of the ribbon release shaft core into the hexagonal boss of the release shaft dial.
5. Align the right side of the ribbon release shaft with the plug of the manual pull shaft sleeve, loosen the manual pull shaft sleeve, and the installation of the ribbon release shaft is completed.
6. Take out the other carbon ribbon mandrel and the carbon ribbon recycling paper reel, and insert the carbon ribbon mandrel into the carbon ribbon recycling paper reel as shown in the figure below.
7. Gently pull the manual pull sleeve at the ribbon recovery shaft outward, insert the left side of the ribbon recovery shaft into the hexagonal boss of the recovery shaft dial; align the right side of the ribbon recovery shaft with the manual pull shaft sleeve Remove the plug, loosen the manual pull shaft sleeve, and the ribbon recovery shaft is installed.
8. Remove the front end of the carbon ribbon from the installed carbon ribbon release shaft, bypass the front end of the carbon ribbon under the print head assembly, and then paste the front end of the carbon ribbon onto the paper spool of the installed carbon ribbon recovery shaft .
9. Turn the carbon ribbon and turn the dial to wrap the carbon ribbon on the carbon ribbon recovery shaft and tighten the carbon ribbon. At this point, the carbon ribbon is installed.
It is worth noting that if the printer is suitable for thermal and thermal transfer methods, the same barcode printer should print both thermal label paper and copper paper stickers, and the barcode paper and barcode ribbon should be replaced back and forth. Ribbon recycling does not move, and it cannot be recycled and used up normally. When this happens, it must be the thermal printing method originally used by the barcode printer, and then after changing the coated paper, labels and ribbons, the printing method is not changed to thermal transfer method, which will cause the ribbon recovery shaft to fail during printing. Used ribbons are automatically recycled when they are used up. As long as you change the printing method from thermal to thermal transfer in the driver file of the barcode printer, and save the parameter modification, the problem of non-recycling of the ribbon of the barcode printer can be solved.